Monday, August 7, 2017

Sick day

May 23

                Woke up somewhere around 1:30 feeling quite nauseated. Finally headed for the bathroom around 2:30 and spent at least half an hour in that little room huddled in my salmon pink blanket. When I decided that nothing major was going to happen, at least immediately, I headed back to my room where I spent a mostly sleepless rest of the night. (I think I did some dozing between 4:30 and 5:30.)

                Decided not to go to breakfast since moving wasn't such a good idea as far as my stomach was concerned. Beverley brought me some tea with lemon and honey as well as two pieces of dried toast from breakfast. As soon as people started learning that I was sick, the remedies began flowing in - anise seeds from Diane, oregano tea from Jairo, peppermint drops from Ubaldina. Others were offered as well, but since they didn't all seem to match my symptoms, I didn't accept them all.  (They tell me I missed liver and tongue for breakfast, so I guess this was a good morning to skip!)

                I had felt especially sorry that I wouldn't get to hear what Vitalina shared after breakfast, but the dear lady came in and shared with me personally at least part of what she had told everyone else. I really appreciated that!

                Stayed home from today's lunch visit as well. Not sure what I would have done if confronted with more rice or potatoes or chicken or cuy today! I stayed in bed, and though I never did sleep, I was able to rest some in between friendly visits.

                Finally went down to the dining room a little before 4:00 and ran into all the tea-takers. So I sat for a little while with some of them and told them all that "Yes, I'm better." Hopefully that's the truth!

                My main problem currently is that I'm feeling quite weak, so I'm going to try a little bit of supper and hope I don't regret it later. Tomorrow is the worker's meeting in the morning, lunch out and 5:00 gospel meeting, and I don't want to miss that. (Well, to be perfectly honest, I wouldn't mind missing lunch, but I really don't want to miss the meetings!)


                No shower. I'm going to bed.

No comments: