Wednesday, August 2, 2017

A full day in Tarapoto

Apr. 29

                Woke up before 6:00 and had a leisurely morning until breakfast somewhere a little before 8:00.

                Breakfast was fish, yucca and bread with warm papaya juice to wash it all down. Fortunately it was serve yourself again, so Olinda and I shared a fish between us, and I skipped the bread. Héctor had warned me last night that I might get asked to share something after breakfast, so I mentioned John 2 and some of the miracles in God's way today that are mainly unnoticed except by those who are seeking to serve Him in the way He has planned. Then Héctor asked me to tell a little about Ipiales, so I did that as well.

                Laundry after breakfast. Since we're going to be here three whole nights (two more after last night), it's an ideal place to get your laundry dry so you don't have to carry around at laundry in your backpack.

                Nothing going until lunch it sounds like, so I'm going to make a few Skype calls if we really have internet like I think we might.

                Guess there's no Wi-Fi after all. Bummer.

                Had ice cream (chocolate and coconut) on our way to lunch. I'll probably regret this, but...

Looks like the mototaxi in front of us had quite a load!

                Lunch at Sra. Estílita's with Dicson and Olinda (children present: Estrella and George, also present: a brother of Sra E and his two daughters) House is basically a space in between two other edifices with a tin roof over most of it, divided into rooms front to back with plastic tarps, little store in front. We sang a few hymns after lunch.

                Nap

                There IS Wi-Fi here after all. It's just a matter of figuring out the password, which we eventually did, but by that time I had already committed to walking down to the plaza, so we did that first. Strolled through the little artisan market and then had ice cream with Dicson who we encountered in the plaza. I had a grape cremolada, which may be my new favorite hot-weather dessert.  (It's basically just a grape juice slush.)

                Got back to the house a little before 6:00, and I rushed to make a couple of Skype calls since supper was in another location at 6:30. 

                Supper was at don Gino and Sra. Anita's - pollo al carbón with two maduros on each plate. Then there were the typical side dishes - ? and ? plus salad. Drinks were camu camu juice and chicha morada. I shared my testimony after supper.

                Cold trickle of a shower felt good again tonight.

  

No comments: