Monday, August 7, 2017

Feeling better for the workers' meeting

May 24

                Slept better last night and am feeling much better this morning. Thank goodness!

                Breakfast at 7:00 this morning due to the 9:30 workers' meeting.

                We had a lovely workers' meeting. The first part of the meeting was reserved for the four visitors (including Beverley), so I ended up speaking first. It was quite nice to then be able to relax and just listen to everyone else after that. We heard a lot about Abraham's servant in Genesis 24. That's where my thoughts were as well, so I was glad that I got to speak first!

                Cafecito was served after the meeting for those who wanted something to chew on on their way to lunch.

                Héctor, Juan David, Patti and I lunched in the home of Andrés and Gladys. Patti requested on my behalf that I be served just a dry chicken breast without the broth. Rice, potatoes and salad were served on the side, so really it was the perfect lunch experience. Juan David shared his family's testimony after lunch, and then I told my testimony. We ended the visit by singing several hymns. I was glad that I didn't have to miss out!

                Gospel meeting at 5:00. It was wonderful to listen. Rogelio translated for Laércio, which made me very glad for Laércio's sake.

                Supper after meeting was a kind of stir fry and quite tasty. Trevor asked me right before I headed to bed if I would feel up to sharing something after breakfast in the morning, so I guess I have a bit of homework before I can sleep.

Just a few shots of kitchen doings from today



                Finally, I'm going to take a shower!


                My thoughts are all in a whirl regarding what to share tomorrow, so I'm just going to go to bed and trust that the Lord will give me something in the morning.

No comments: