Tuesday, August 15, 2017

A day in bed and then back at it

Those of us who were on the list for the meetings in Lago Agrio for the last weekend of Special Meetings were scheduled to leave Quito on Monday morning to make the journey east.  I arrived at the designated meeting point at the appointed time, though I was not feeling especially well.  Before the bus arrived, I had decided that perhaps seven hours on a bus would not be the best idea under the circumstances.  My ticket was changed for the following day, and one of the friends came and picked me up and took me home.  Upon arrival there, I immediately went to bed, and essentially slept for the next sixteen hours or so.  When my alarm rang on Tuesday morning, I felt like I had been hit by a truck but figured I could make it to where I needed to go.  (It's hard to not follow the list on Special Meeting rounds even when you don't really feel like it!)  

I think I spent most of the bus ride in a semi-conscious state.  I don't really sleep on buses usually, but I must have made an exception on this particular trip because it seemed a lot shorter than seven hours (or whatever it was).  

It looks like I even woke up long enough to take a couple of pictures along the way!



No comments: