Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Saturday's doings

I think I'll just cut and paste from my journal today.

Oatmeal and bananas for breakfast - Matt. 5 study and lots of hymns after

Quiet time in my room all alone :-)

All five workers lunched at Hugo and Yolanda's

Fritada (pork)

It began raining and hailing shortly after we had finished the dishes and rained HARD for a good long while. With a tin roof, that kind of rain makes conversing impossible. With holes in the tin roof, there aren't too many places to sit where you can stay completely dry. After a while, we started singing a few hymns as we could, waiting when the rain made it so we couldn't hear each other at all. 

When it finally stopped raining, we headed for our next home. We walked something like half an hour until we met up with Johnny and Lisho in the truck and then rode the rest of the way with them to don EncarnaciĆ³n and Sra. Olga's.

Tea with the brothers in the bach

Tamales for supper 

Thinking about what the Bridegroom loves about the bride in S of S for tomorrow

Every time I moved in the night, I lost my covers. The blankets are heavy but they're not all that warm. Because they're woven so tightly, there's no give to them, so they don't wrap around you.

No comments: