Saturday, August 5, 2017

May 10

May 10

                Just took another one of those showers where you try to get as clean as possible without letting the water actually touch you. Cajamarca is warmer than some of the other places I've been so far, but at no point have I been hot enough to wish for a cold shower.

                Breakfast was yummy again - oatmeal with fruit and good bread with cheese and jam. I also made myself a yummy beverage using instant coffee mix, hot chocolate mix, hot water, sugar and evaporated milk. I could get used to such!

                We studied Ps. 6 and sang a hymn after breakfast.

                10:00 visit with Sra. Amelia and her daughter, Diana, and her five month old baby, Sofía



                Walked through the market to get to the puesto of Sra. Elsa to find out where our lunch is. Wish I could have taken photos of all the vendors on the street with their products, but it didn't seem like a good place and time.

                Lunch was spaghetti, good choclo and potatoes. I shared some thoughts about being ready after we ate, and then we sang hymns.

                Walked back to Camilo and Gloria's for a restful afternoon. We had "coffee" and rolls before heading to the midweek Bible study in the home of Sra. María (daughter of Don Amadeo). The workers in our study were Pedro, Sue, Flor, Miriam and myself. The chapter was II Tim. 2.

                Supper after Bible study at don Alejandro's along with his daughter, Rosa Elia, and her daughter, Alejandra. Don César joined us before we left the table as well. (Don Alejandro's wife was a sister to Palmira, Celmira and Gloria. She died in a car accident a year or two ago.) Sue asked me to share my testimony after supper, so I told the whole thing.


                We're spending the night in the home of Celmira and Palmira's parents, but they had already gone to bed by the time we got here. Guess we'll have a little time with them in the morning before we take off.

No comments: