Saturday, August 5, 2017

Another baby day!

May 11

                Breakfast with Rudórico and Celina (Palmira and Celmira's parents) and César (another son)  - milky oatmeal, papaya and bread. I'm really enjoying the bread in Cajamarca. It's basically a hollow roll, and it seems they typically eat it with cheese and jam. I've even seen butter here! It doesn't taste que the same as butter at home, but it's not bad. I shared some thoughts about Samson, and we sang a few hymns.

                Sue and I dropped or things off at Gilberto and Marlene's and went on to the baths. This time I had a better idea sit what to expect, so I went prepared. I even washed my hair!!! It was amazing!

                My lunch plans for today were changed since the home where Sara was scheduled to go requires a bit of climbing skill to get into the kitchen. (Sara Barjacoba fell and broke her arm before coming to Cajamarca.) So, I went with Pedro and Sue to don Santos and Sra. Margarita's. Their daughter, Luz Elena, and her nine month old baby, Emil, were also there. I shared what I could remember of Mark Parsons' testimony, and we sang hymns.



                Sue took me to the home of Sra. María (daughter of don Amadeo) after lunch, since that was where I had originally been scheduled for lunch. I got in on the tail end of the visit there with don Juanito, Beverley, and Sara. Sra. Bremilda and Anthony were also there.
(Don Amadeo was a notorious horse thief before he met the truth and professed. He and his wife had the meeting in their home in Cajamarca, and he was instrumental in initially getting the workers to Ramoscucho. I would have loved to have met him, but he passed away a few years ago.  Don Hugo, in whose home I spent a night in Ramoscucho, is a son of don Amadeo.) 

                Returned to don Gilberto and Sra. Marlene's

                Supper at the pieza - Juan Carlos and Gladys brought supper in. Trevor took the conversation, and it was quite nice to just listen. We didn't sing!


                Night at Eleuterio and Petronila's

No comments: