Monday, August 7, 2017

More cuy, a visit to the cemetery and attempting to capture the sunset

May 25

                I ended up telling about two of the gospel meetings that stand out in my memory since I've been in the work.

                Now I'm on to serve morning cafecito with Olinda, so I'd better get going.

                Morning coffee was successful enough. We put out cookies and dates and leftover desserts from last night's supper and made popcorn, which is always a hit.

                We didn't have to leave for lunch until 11:30, so I had some time to work on music stuff in my room and even do a tiny bit of ironing (including today's blouse since Roger mentioned taking a picture of the visitors today).

                Lunch was in the home of Olinda's youngest brother, Salatiel, and his wife, Luisa. Their two-year-old son, Jaer, informed us as soon as we arrived that we were having cuy for lunch. Fortunately, they found a baby cuy for me. Sides were potatoes, rice, melloco, tomatoes and onions and another salad. And it was serve yourself!

Olinda leads the way.

Olinda's home place where here brother and his family now live


Jaer comes to meet us.


He was NOT interested in smiling for a picture!



So, finally Big Brother came to help out.

There we got one! 

                After lunch, I shared my testimony, and we sang hymns.

                Olinda took me through the cemetery after lunch, and I think I'll try to go there tomorrow for some alone time. Hopefully it will be a sunny morning.

Supper preparation

                Quiet afternoon, supper was stuffed potatoes - a nice change.









                Not washing my hair tonight. Hope it's not a greasy mess when Roger decides he wants to take the visitors' picture!


                Hoping for a slumber-filled night!

No comments: