Thursday, August 3, 2017

Misbehaving pigs, etc.

May 5

                Studied Ps. 145 after breakfast

                Lunch at Idelmo and Lolita's with all the workers, don Segundo, Sra. Cruz and her daughter, Delira, with baby Vanessa. Cuy was on the menu again. I'm starting to kind of figure out how to eat it. We sang hymns after lunch.

                Back to don Segundo and Sra. Rosalía's for a little over an hour before the 4:00 gospel meeting. We didn't find out until lunch who was speaking in the meeting, so it's just best to always be ready. Actually, the brothers didn't tell any of the other sisters who was speaking. Guess they figured if they weren't speaking, they didn't need to know about it! 

                Gospel Meeting at Grabiel and Marleni's. We were 21 present, including children and workers. The chickens had to be continually shooed out of the room. Jairo spoke about choosing God's will instead of our own. I spoke about Joseph. Dicson spoke about running the race, beginning with 1 Cor. 9:24.

                Supper after meeting there at G and M's

                Walked home in the dark. (20 minutes or so? downhill) Fortunately, it wasn't raining at the time. My flashlight started strobing as we were leaving the house, so I had to figure out how to change that right quick!

                On my way back from the outhouse after arriving home, I saw a figure off to my left. When I shined my light in that directing, I discovered that it was the pig. Them, all of a sudden, the very large creature decided to make chase. It started oinking and running in my direction, and it really didn't have to go very far to reach me. I picked up the pace and hoped like everything that I wouldn't lose my balance and fall in the muck. The beast followed me all the way to the gate where I managed to go through and shut just in the nick of time. That'll make you think a third and fourth time about going to the bathroom in the middle of the night!
Author's note:
I never again went to the outhouse without a stick.


                Dogs barked a good portion of the night, so I didn't sleep as well as last night.

See the pig skin hanging up in the corner?

I think that's the pig head still left on the table.

I was always glad this side of the outhouse faced away from the house.

The view from inside

And out back

Yes, that's looking over the top of the "curtain."

No comments: