Friday, October 20, 2017

Coming soon to a ServiEntrega near you...

If you recall, Aunt Beth arrived in Ecuador on Monday night.  We finally were able to connect with her luggage on Thursday morning.  Here's a summary of our frustrating efforts to make said connection.
1) The airline agents were exceedingly difficult to get ahold of.  Apparently, they have very limited office hours.
2) When I finally was able to speak with someone, they assured me that the luggage had been handed over to the courier service.  However, I was given no tracking information.
3) Since we had been told the courier service would bring Aunt Beth's suitcases to where we were, we simply waited.
4) Finally, on Thursday morning, I had had enough waiting.  (Aunt Beth had probably had enough waiting before that point!) I was able to locate a phone number for ServiEntrega in Otavalo.  When I confirmed that the suitcases were indeed in the office, Aunt B and I hopped in a taxi and went to pick them up ourselves.
5) As it turns out, ServiEntrega does not deliver as far out as we were staying.  They had no intention of doing anything with the luggage.  It was just sitting on one side of the office.  Neither was there, apparently, any plan to let us know that no delivery would be forthcoming.  
6) That's the way it works here.
Aunt Beth and I return to the hotel.

The taxi driver assists us in getting the suitcases to the front door.


Does she look happy or what?!?!



No comments: