Sunday, July 30, 2017

Berry picking

We needed berries to make jam for Special Meetings in Olmos and Coyunde, so on Thursday morning, four of us set off to see what we could find.

Celmira carries the berry bucket plus an umbrella that doubles as a walking stick because you just never know.


The scenery was stunning!


Celmira, Johny, Lisho








Found some!

Not all of our trails were this well marked.  Oh, wait, most of our "trails" were non-existent.
It's rather hard to get the sense of the "up-down" nature of our hike in an up close shot.  Perhaps the more zoomed out shots will give a better idea regarding that small detail. 




Some of the berries were located on rather precarious perches.










I think I took more pictures than I picked berries, but I did get my hands a little dirty and scratched up.  





Apparently there's cell service all the way up here!

Video scan of our surroundings



If I remember correctly, that's barley in the field.


When I agreed to join the berry-picking crew, I really had no idea what kind of a hike I was in for.  On some of the uphills, my lungs did some pretty violent protesting.  However, I wouldn't have missed the experience for anything.  

No comments: