Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Seeking caldo de gallina

Caldo de gallina is basically chicken broth with a piece of chicken floating in it.  Pilar had asked me in the morning if I liked said dish, to which I responded, "Sí."  Because that's what you say, right?  Actually, I don't mind the soup.  It's just not what I would order in a restaurant or anything.  I thought that's what they had on hand at the bach.  Turns out, we went hunting for it in restaurants after our morning of touristing.  Had I only known....  Anyway, it ended up killing our appetites and giving us strength to carry on until supper time.

Making our way down from Santa Apolonia

Small artisan market where we stopped for a little souvenir shopping
I ended up with a new coin purse.







Arriving at the Plaza de Armas

Caldo de gallina
This was a fancy place, so we had spaghetti noodles, a potato and half an egg thrown into our soup.

No comments: