Tuesday, July 25, 2017

My journal

Author's Note: 
I decided before traveling to Peru that I had better keep a journal as a memory aid for eventual blogging as well as other things.  I'm SO glad that I did.  Looking back at the entries now, I'm surprised how many things I'd already forgotten that I thought I would "never forget."  Fortunately, I had anticipated such a thing and did keep up admirably well with my chronicling of events each day that I was gone.  That said, I may save myself a little time and energy in my blogging endeavors now and again by simply copying and pasting directly from said journal.  Here's the first such entry.

April 17
Pilar, bless her heart, set an 8:30 breakfast for this Monday morning. Last night I put hymns in my ear to block out the noise from the street below. I think I heard a hymn and a half. Yesterday morning, I shot out of bed like a rocket before 2:30. This morning when I woke up around 6:30, I felt like I had been hit by a truck and didn't shoot anywhere. I finally managed to haul myself out of bed about 7:40 to go take a (hot) shower and wash my hair. Sounds like there are things on the agenda today.

And a little later in the morning, this entry says simply:

I just washed the breakfast dishes. They have hot water at the kitchen sink!!!

No comments: