Monday, July 24, 2017

Back to the airport

I was checked in for my 5:09 a.m. flight by 3:20, so then we all sat in the food court (containing McDonald's, Papa John's and Dunkin' Donuts) until 3:50 or so.  Then I headed through security.

Wait!  Wait!  It's not as dangerous as it looks!


After all the security checkpoints I had already been through, I wasn't expecting to have any difficulties this time around.  However, when my carry-on bag went through the scanner, they picked up something and decided to send it through again.  Another agent was called over to gaze at the screen.  They sent it on through and opened it up but found nothing hazardous.  Through the scanner again.  This time the search was narrowed down to, of all things, my bible case!  I know God's word is compared to a sword, but it's not literal, folks!  "May I open up this bag?"  "Certainly."  So, what she found was my bible and hymnbook... and a metal hair stick that I had taken to the midweek bible study the previous week to give to one of our friends.  When she wasn't able to be in the meeting, I promptly forgot about the hair stick still residing in the bag... until this moment.  Fortunately, they decided that it was not a tool of great danger and let me pass with the stick.

On to Cajamarca...

No comments: