Thursday, July 27, 2017

The rest of Tuesday's doings

I love the hats worn by many of the local ladies in this part of the country.  They're quite large, apparently water-proof and pretty costly.


I turned my camera over to one of the other sisters so we could do a size-comparison photo.  Grandma didn't even make it up to my shoulder with her hat on!  


Trying a new ice-cream flavor

Ice cream selfie in the mirror

The Spanish alphabet sign language...just in case...


From the backseat of our trici-moto on our way back to the bach


I think that's three pharmacies side by side.  Many things capitalize on the "Inca" theme in Peru.



After arriving back at the bach, I took a whopping 2+ hour nap before heading out for a walk.  I left a note when I went out since nobody else was there saying that I would be back in 45 minutes or so.  Had I not made such a claim, I would have been tempted to just keep on walking.  I decided that my body was craving spring-like weather!  

I took a picture of the round-about that's about a block out from the bach so that I could identify it via photo if need be on the return trip.


There was a beautiful walking trail along the main road through this part of the city that made for perfect walking conditions.



And pizza for supper!  Who woulda thunk it?!  

Our final activity for the day was making sandwiches for Wednesday's trip to Ramoscucho.  I didn't record what time I went to bed on this night, only this:  "Not quite as early to bed as I would have liked, considering the alarm is set for 4:30 a.m., but..."    

No comments: