Saturday, August 20, 2016

Night in Tarapoa

Verónica, Mom and I were scheduled to spend Wednesday night in the home of don Heraldo and Sra. Julia in Tarapoa.  As it turned out, don Heraldo had to travel to Quito as soon as the meetings in Aguas Negras were over for doctors appointments later in the week, so it was just us and Sra. Julia.  A daughter, son-in-law and granddaughter were also in and out during our stay.  I had stayed with Heraldo and Julia on my first visit to Ecuador back in 2005, so it was nice to be back.  Much had changed since I was last there!  

My water bottle discouraged the four dogs from being overly friendly as we waited on the patio for our room to be opened up.


Mom's and my bedroom
The bed was enormous!  

As was the lightbulb directly over it

The living room


Looking out toward the main road
When I was here 11 years ago, the family lived in the green house that you can see in this picture.  






Verónica conversing with the parrot



No comments: