Saturday, August 20, 2016

Breakfast of champions

When we went grocery shopping on Thursday to buy a few things for our hotel stay, I saw...will wonders never cease?!...a can of pears.  I hadn't seen such a thing in the whole of my time in Ecuador.  They were a bit on the pricey side, but I decided that it was worth it this time.  I spent the night savoring the anticipation of pears for breakfast.  Okay, actually I spent the night sleeping and not thinking about pears at all, but you get the point.


Getting ready to take the first bite

And after that I didn't smile anymore.  They were gross!  I ate a few anyway because I had paid way too much good money for them, butI could in no wise eat the entire can.  What a sad turn of events!  Ah well, that's the way it goes.  

And perhaps I should clarify - It's not that canned pears are my favorite food in the whole wide world.  If I was making a list of the foods that I most anticipate eating when I return to the States, I'm pretty sure they would not even make it on the page.  It was just the novelty of seeing something that I hadn't seen in such a long time.  It was different!  They looked so tasty!  I wanted some!  And now I'm cured.  :-)  


No comments: