Friday, March 18, 2016

Playing tourists in Manabí

On Saturday, January 2, two of the Basurto boys took Alaina, Laura and I on a quick (mainly) driving tour of some parts of our field that I had never before seen due to the fact that none of our friends or contacts live in these areas.  We drove to and along the coast, enjoying the little beach towns as well as the actual beach.  I must admit that the girls and I did wonder if we would ever actually get out of the car in order to stick our feet in the ocean, but finally our guides determined that we were at our destination, and we had a lovely hour or so wading and walking around the beachfront area.  Maybe it's a good thing I didn't know about this part of my field any earlier in the year!  








Beach town traffic










The street market is closing up for the day as we make our way back home.

No comments: