Friday, March 18, 2016

First stop: REST

Marsha, my new co-worker, had arranged it with LeRoy that I could have a couple of days to rest upon arriving in my new field since I hadn't really gotten any since convention time.  The thought was wonderful to me!  I met Marsha and Darla F. at the bus terminal in Guayaquil for a bite of lunch on Monday, January 18, before heading on to Oloncito, where some of our friends have a lovely home near the beach.  They wouldn't be there, so I would have the house all to myself.  Oh, the anticipation! 

Lots of tourists have destinations where I was heading, so the passengers on the bus were made up primarily of these vacation-goers.  

This fellow didn't even wait for the bus to pull out of its parking space before he was strumming on his guitar.  

The parking lot

Yes, there are a few buses in this city!

No comments: