Thursday, March 3, 2016

An open letter

I don't have my computer with me at present, so I am forced to take (yet another) hiatus in my blogging journey, at least the past that is chronological and has pictures. Usually when I am computerless, I am also increasingly inclined to get behind on ALL classes of electronic correspondence even though I still have my phone and my iPad, both of which allow me to engage in these forms of communication. So, since I really cannot use "I don't have my computer right now" as an excuse to not send emails, I buckled down this evening to send a very few such messages. It was at this time that I remembered that there is a VERY DEFINITE REASON that I wait until I have my computer to pursue any activity that involves "typing." My iPad, of course, has a touch screen, and I have this neat  little app thingy that allows me to simply "swipe" words instead of actually typing them. This is wonderful, and I really do appreciate the feature most of the time. However, whether or not this actually saves me time is a toss up, as I spend a great deal of time correcting incorrectly swiped words or simply trying to convince my machine that I really want to say exactly what I have swiped, not what it thinks I may want to say. That said, I decided that it would be interesting to type a letter to you all on this my blog without making a single correction (barring the accidental presence of an unacceptable word) just to see what it looks like in the end.  So, here goes...

Dear Readers of my Blog,

Greetings to you from the wet city off Guayaquil. Marsha and I are doing fine though we have both sent some time recently being a bit sorry, if you know what I mean, wind you may not since a very vital word was incorrectly swiped. We're definitely in the rainy season right now, and the major benefit of this is that when it's Auschwitz in the prices of raining, things do cool down a visit. Another Beirut is that listening to the rain on the roof when I'm in bed at night is shooting to me. :-)) A definite disadvantage is getting drenched by passing cars when you're waking to your next study! One moral to this story is, don't go ANYWHERE without your umbrella right now. If the sun is shining, you can use it to beat of the stay dos YoY encounter on your trip to wherever you may be going.

We had just two studies today with only afoot five and a half hours of travel. We had the for tune (at first I consider it to be good fortune but quickly changed my mind) to talk on an air conditioned bus this morning. The problem was, that vacay I was wet,i wacko because child.  Got that???. I don't carry and a coat in Guayaquil because 99.99999% of the time that would be a most ridiculous way of space in a backpack. However, today was a different story, and our two and a half hour bus ride felt somewhat eternal as a sat in my seat and succeed! Obviously:-) did not freeze completely because my fingers still have the capability to sweep like mad y to create completely unintelligible communications like runs.

I believe I will now tax your brains or my finger any longer.i how that now you will excuse me from all forms of electronic communication when I do not have my complete. It is for your own good!

Good night,
Kamela


2 comments:

Karmen said...

This totally cracked me up. All is forgiven :)

Anita said...

Giggle.
My finger gets tired from the swiping, too.