Friday, November 8, 2013

Summer Bucket List #8

GO TO A FARMER'S MARKET

On our way to Wednesday night Bible study, Dad and I (Mom was in Ohio with her mother and sisters) saw a sign in Congerville, just down the road from Eureka, announcing a farmer's market the following evening.  Perfect!  I imagined a quaint small town farmer's market, maybe seeing a couple of people I knew from way back when, AND a chance to cross something else off the bucket list.  How fortuitous!  We purposed (or at least I did) that we would make the trip back on Thursday.  I was pretty sure I could talk Dad into it as well.  He was working on his bucket list too after all!

Soooo...  On Thursday evening, Dad and I made the short jaunt to Congerville to check out this advertised market.  We drove to where we thought it was and saw...ummm...nothing.  Maybe it's somewhere else?  There's not much to the town, so we drove to the other edge of it and saw nothing.  I was pretty sure it was supposed to be where we had first looked, so we headed back downtown.  Sure enough.  The farmer's market was getting into full swing.  There was a table where a family was selling repackaged spices from an Amish store.  That was the farmer's market.  Needless to say, we didn't stay long.  

However, Dad did make one small purchase.  


Not the most productive experience ever, but it did make a kind of funny story.  





No comments: