Tuesday, November 19, 2013

And we can't forget the carp!

Perhaps you read my earlier post about boating with my aunt Rhonda and uncle Leonard over the 4th of July weekend.  On that occasion, we had witnessed many flying carp, including one that sailed between uncle Leonard and me (passing RIGHT by my right ear).  That was exciting enough.  However, on this boating excursion with the Helmreich's we decided to increase our excitement level by receiving a carp IN the boat with us!  Fortunately, I had just changed seats, and Elizabeth wasn't in her seat yet.  Otherwise, one of us would have had a carp in our lap.  A bit too close for comfort, but it turned out better than it could have.  As it was, this one flopped around for quite a while, making quite a mess, before we a) got a couple of pictures and b) got the goofy fish back into the water.  Here are a couple of shots (quite graphic) of our unintentional fellow boater.



No comments: