Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Summer Bucket List #24

FLY A KITE

When Mom and I were shopping at Dollar General for cleaning supplies prior to our first work day at Mt. Sterling, I saw a kite and couldn't help grabbing it and sticking it in my cart.  I could only hope that I would get a chance to fly it at some point before the summer bucket list deadline.  My friend, Emily was excited about helping me complete as many items as possible, so I took it along when I headed to the Helmreich's for the rest of the weekend.  Good idea!

If you've never flown a kite from the back of a boat, I highly recommend it.  Rather larger than normal amounts of wind are created, and it's fun to watch fellow boaters' reactions to your less than usual activity as you pass by.

Miss Emily and I get our flying machine put together.

Thar she blows!


After our kite takes a dive into the water and breaks, we stop by an island to pick out the perfect stick to replace the one that snapped.  Here Bruce and I do a little repair work.

And now we're ready to go again.

Flying high


Reeling it back in

A bit windblown?

No comments: