Wednesday, October 30, 2013

What's the buzz?

Honeybee Hives

In the middle of nowhere

The keeper

The observer


A foreign visitor

See the sugar water jar?  That's for a newer hive to get them going.

The Bee Van

Bee food

Getting the smoker going
This is to "dull" the bees so that we can take a look inside the hive.

Fire

And smoke

Assembling my headgear

Our favorite co-worker picture

Trying to find the Queen Bee


Put back together

I think I've had this poster on my blog before, but I find the information it contains to "bee" quite fascinating.  (Sorry.  I couldn't help myself.)
Maybe you can even read some of it?

Honeybees are quite fascinating creatures.  I recommend googling them to learn more interesting facts.  :-)

2 comments:

Karmen said...

I absolutely LOVE your expression as you're assembling your headgear. And how come I don't have THAT coworker picture to hang on my fridge? I consider this to be a major oversight on your part. Just FYI.

Kamela said...

It was a complex thing to put on! What can I say? I also decided not to make copies of this co-worker picture as not all recipients were guaranteed to be completely trustworthy.