Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Heidi & Nolan

I hadn't seen my good friend, Heidi (Jeske) Truman since May of 2006, so when I found out she would be in Illinois the first part of July, I jumped at the chance to meet up with her in Peoria one morning to have some time with her and to meet her little boy.  We had originally planned to meet at the Peoria Zoo (a bucket list item).  However, due to Nolan's nap schedule, we ended up deciding we didn't have enough time to make paying the admission fee worthwhile.  We ended up meeting at McDonald's instead.  Somehow I never imagined that Heidi's and my reunion would take place at a McDonald's Playland!  It ended up working out quite nicely.  Nolan crawled around (supervised by Mama inside the tunnel), and Heidi and I managed to get a little visiting in (in between interruptions by an eager little would-be playmate for Nolan).  Maybe we can make it happen again before another 7 years pass us by!

Of course, my primary photo subject was Nolan.
Trying to decide if he should take his would-be playmate up on her offer of a trip through the tunnels.
The eventual answer was no.

Nolan and his mama

Cheese!

Trying to get a "family" shot

Three generations

No comments: