Monday, October 28, 2013

Summer Bucket List #38 (attempt #1)

HUNT FOR SEA SHELLS

Okay, this one has a bit of a story.  Since I'm a bit limited in where I can travel in my endeavors to become the Queen of Summer, I decided that I would have to get creative on some of the bucket list items.  (I must add here that in addition to being creative, I was extremely conscientious, as noted in my previous entry, "I scream, you scream, we all scream for...")  So, since it was highly unlikely that I would get to a beach with sea shells while in my field, I looked for sea shells elsewhere.  I saw pictures of them and decorative ones in people's houses.  Then one day, I spied a box full of them on someone's front porch.  Amazing!  Surely that would be acceptable.  Being the conscientious person that I am, however, I called the "boss" of the operation, explained my dilemma and shared my creative solution, including what I thought would be the find that would merit a check on my list.  The "boss" of the operation was not at all convinced that this qualified.  I pleaded my case, and she remained wholly unsympathetic.  I was told that the "sea shells must be found in nature."  I found this a bit unfair but could do nothing but comply with the rules of the game.  (The defeat of this particular situation was mitigated a bit when later in the summer I found some sea shells in nature as specified by the "boss."  A future blog entry will share further details regarding this find.)

I'll post the picture of the shells anyway because I think it's pretty.  :-) 

No comments: