Sunday, December 29, 2019

Sweetness x2

Sunday night after Quito convention ended, Linda Ogden and I spent the night with Caleb and Diana McLean and their two sweet boys.  When we arrived, I took over baby duty so C & D could get their things hauled inside and put away.  I had my jacket on and was getting quite warm, so I asked 6-year-old J if he could help me pull my sleeve off.  (It was a little hard to do solo while holding the baby.)  He obligingly pulled off the right sleeve that I had worked partially down my arm and then walked around me to help with the other sleeve.  When the job was completed, I thanked J for his help, to which he confidently replied, "I'm your hero."  That you are, buddy.  That you are. 

Later, J came up to us with a "reworked" card for Linda and me.  It was addressed to "Las Lindas."  This ends up being a bit of a play on words - Linda's actual name and "Lindas" which would technically translate to "the beautiful ones."  I'm not sure which one he meant, and we didn't ask.  :-) 



Baby A seemed to be okay with being in my arms most of the evening.  
And I certainly didn't have a problem with it!  

No comments: