Monday, December 30, 2019

A new field

After a few days in Quito that included visa paperwork, some shopping and a little relaxing, Eli and I headed to our new field on Saturday, Dec. 7.  

And now I realize that I have not posted the new Ecuador workers' list, so I will do that before continuing on.  

Ecuador 2019-2020

Guayaquil / Olón / Catazacón
Jim Price
Alberto Basurto

Quito / Santo Domingo / Esmeraldas
Ricardo Harbur
Juan León

Manabí / Quevedo
Henry Arias
Scott Porter

Ambato / Riobamba / San Miguel
Marsha Kiser
???

Ipiales / Ibarra
Ookyoung Jung
Damaris Báez

Lago Agrio / Tena / Tarapoa / Sacha
Eli Reque
Kamela LiaBraaten

Galápagos
Jill Yule
Luz González

Cuenca / Loja / Oriente Sur
Linda Ogden
Ingrid Mendoza

After a 6+ hour bus ride, Eli and I arrived at our bach in Lago Agrio on Saturday afternoon and began the moving in process.  

The bach in Lago is similar to the bach in Ambato in its design - kitchen / dining below with a loft above with space for two beds.  Eli, however, prefers to sleep on the main level so as not to have to deal with the ladder, so we each have a bit of private space.  

I have arrived to my space in the bach.

The front view from upstairs

Looking out the window over my bed


Standing in my space looking over to the other side of the loft

Looking down from the top of the ladder

Kitchen area
We have no running water in the bach, so we purchased water for drinking and rely on the outside pump for washing dishes and such.

Standing in the kitchen area looking over into Eli's "bedroom"

My "bedroom" is on the left after you climb the ladder.


Looking up to my bed

Looking out the door of our bach
The bach is actually just one room in the home of one of our elderly friends, don Pastor.  The house is built around a courtyard, so to get from one room to another, one must walk outside.  The wooden door that you can see on the left is the living room where Sunday and Wednesday meetings are held here in Lago.  If you walk past the blue part of the house and turn left, you arrive at our bathroom and shower rom.  

There's the front of our little room from the outside.

All moved in and ready for bed!

No comments: