Saturday, December 14, 2013

New Notecards!

If you have read my previous posts regarding card making, you will be aware of my new occasional hobby (occasional meaning on an as-needed basis) that was brought on as a result of our family summer bucket list.  I had made somewhere between 150 and 200 cards while I was at Mom and Dad's, thus filling my letter writing bag quite nicely.  Because I had all these nice new homemade cards, I made the decision to leave all my other notecards behind when I headed to the field.  These should last me a good long while!  Wrong.  I got into serious letter-writing mode soon after arriving in the field, and before the end of October, I was out of cards.  This meant that in order to write any more letters, I would either have to buy more notecards or make more of my own.  That was an easy choice.  Making them would be so much more fun.  I had more blank cards on which to paste pictures at Mom and Dad's, but distance prevented me from just running over there and picking them up.  No problem.  I would just buy another box and get the other ones later.  Except it was a problem.  I couldn't find blank postcard notes anywhere.  Anywhere!  I looked at office supply stores, TJ Maxx, Wal-mart, craft stores, etc. until I was on the verge of giving up.  Then, one day as I passed a Target I realized that I had never looked there.  Target quickly made its way to the top of my list in profitable shopping locations when I found exactly what I was looking for among the assortment of notecards for sale.  Long story without saying too much.  Sorry.  Here are the cards.  Pretty, no?  I had fun making them prettier by adding pictures.  




No comments: