Monday, December 16, 2013

A lively weekend on the outskirts of Jasper

After taking what was perhaps not the most direct of routes, Janet and I arrived at our rural destination on Friday, November 22 a little before supper.  We enjoyed a lovely meal with the G family that evening - a total of ten around the table.  After supper, a high-energy game of Dutch Blitz ensued, in which everybody won.  Ready to fall into bed, I volunteered to get up and "help" with chores in the morning.  

Some of the "chores"

K takes over the milking after I hand over the job.
(I was successful at the task, but I was also a bit slower than these more experienced goat milkers.)

Watching the sun come up



On Saturday afternoon, "we" took on the project of The Washing of the Cars.  It was a bit frigid that day, so the process was a bit more involved than usual, what with heating water and watching out for the spray from the hose so as not to come into contact with the issuing liquid substance any more than absolutely necessary.  (I stayed outside long enough to get our car washed.  I wimped out while the other two vehicles were being cleaned.)

D is all geared up and ready to get down to business.

Joined by his big brother

There goes a cyclist.

Coming back around

Getting started

D will do all the necessary broom-work.

Can you see where this is going?

I can't see how they didn't just freeze right up on the spot!  Youth!!  :-)  

Just couldn't resist another shot of the goats

Now that the sun is completely up...

And in the midst of all the activity, I decided to start another rug!

 Monday morning before Janet and I left, we decided that we would have time for another game or two of Dutch Blitz. 
T shuffles.


A#2 gets her cards ready to go.

D and Fleece play their own games.

A#3 gifts me with a little bear friend for Fleece.

Best of friends

As you would suppose, many un-photographed activities also took place that weekend.  Kitchen activities, meals and fellowship around the table, Bible studies, beautiful music (piano, cello, guitar, viola and voice), talking and laughter.  Glad that good memories don't always require pictures you can see with the eye.

2 comments:

Anita said...

And no one was bored in the least. At all. Ever.
Love that little family!!

Kamela said...

True story.
I love them too!