Thursday, October 18, 2012

Wisconsin Dells

When most people think of Wisconsin Dells, they picture water parks, hotels, camping, tourist shops, the Ducks, etc.  What many don't know is that just a few miles outside of the city, on a road that winds through the country, is a lovely home and some nice outbuildings that for four days a year is a spiritual haven for several hundred people.  I had been to the city of Wisconsin Dells once for a family vacation, but this was my first time to be at the Dells for convention.  It was a wonderful experience.  One thing I enjoyed doing was walking along the paths that had been mown through the woods at the back of the grounds.  A couple of the trails led to the river, and I would stand at the water's edge for a good long while just looking and listening and thinking and resting.  Among other things at the convention, I was glad for this peaceful place.






No comments: