Monday, March 19, 2012

A Visit to Telpochcalli

Last week on Wednesday, I made a visit to my old school.  I drove down from Skokie, so a good part of my route was the same as what I used to drive during the four years that I worked at Telpo.  The commute began a flood of memories that lasted throughout the day.  It was wonderful to see the teachers with whom I had worked.  All of my former students have graduated from eighth grade, so I didn't get to see any of them.  Kind of a funny feeling to walk the halls and not hear voices saying, "Hi, Teacher."  Though I don't walk the halls of Telpochcalli daily anymore, it's daily in my thoughts and heart.

Telpochcalli

Ms. R worked as a para-professional in my classroom the last year that I taught.

Perla and I worked next door to each other for three years.

Maggie and I worked together all four years that I taught at Telpo.  She now works as a bilingual teacher in Aurora, so I stopped to visit her as well on my way home.

No comments: