Sunday, March 25, 2012

Sumter Special Meeting

Today was our first Special Meeting on these South Carolina rounds.  I had the privilege of translating in both of the meetings, so I didn't get to take any notes, but we had a wonderful day.  It was wonderful to use Spanish again, and our Mexican friends are lovely!  I look forward to spending more time with them in the coming months.

Here are just a couple of thoughts that I remember from our day.


  • When we're faced with life's experiences, we don't want to think, "How can I get out of this?" but rather, "What can I get out of this?"
  • We think of midnight as a time of darkness, but really, it's the first minute of a new day.
  • Praying is not something that we forget to do.  If we don't pray, it's usually something we decide not to do.  God is waiting for us in the place of prayer.
  • Jesus was a root out of dry ground.  When you pull a root out of dry ground, the dirt falls right off of it.  Jesus was in the world, but what was of the world did not cling to Him.

No comments: