Sunday, March 25, 2012

Swan Lake

On Saturday, Jennifer G. and I visited Swan Lake in Sumter, SC.  It was a beautiful day, and the park was gorgeous, which you will be able to see for yourself as you scroll down (and down and down and down...).


Yeah, they look pretty, but they're not all that beautiful when it comes to disposition as it turns out.  Jennifer and I were chased by what appeared to be a people-eating swan.  Fortunately, we managed to escape, but we steered clear of the birds after that!





Fleece was delighted to join us on our outing!






Kamela L. & Jennifer G.


Fleece decided that "cyprus knees" were not the most comfortable places to sit.


Lots of cyprus trees



Can you see Fleece?

I decided to do a 360-degree pan from where I was standing on the bridge pictured above.  This is what surrounded us as we walked through part of the park.

Well, as you can see, it was hard to know which pictures to select and which ones to cut out.  It was all so beautiful.  However, at the same time, the real beauty couldn't be captured by my camera.  That means, y'all will have to come visit SC in order to experience the real deal.  I'll look forward to seeing you if you have time to work me in.  :-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes...I agree Kamela...it is a beautiful place. We had kids in SC but now they're in Shanghai! :-)

Anonymous said...

we think of you...Lots! Enjoy good days there...wonderful to hear you got in on the Spanish meetings! :-) Good to keep the practice up! Love, Barbara Lee

Kamela said...

Hi, Barb! Nice to hear from you. I think about you all lots too. I'm certainly glad for the opportunity to use my Spanish. I've seen several pictures of Erica here and there. Maybe someday I'll get to meet her.