Monday, March 19, 2012

South Carolina, Here I Come

Reality is slapping me in the face.  The time has come for me to bid a temporary good-bye to Illinois and head to my new "for now" home - South Carolina.  I'm sorry to leave and glad to go.  It always seems to work that way no matter where you're leaving and where you're going, and really, I'm glad.  It would be terrible if you were glad to leave and sorry to go!  Tomorrow Grandma and Grandpa Rodgers will take me to Indianapolis.  Then bright and early Wednesday morning, Alice and I will fly to Charlotte, NC via Memphis and then catch a ride to somewhere in SC.  I'm not even escaping winter!  By this time next week, I'll know a whole bunch of people I never knew before and feeling at home in places where I've never been before.  Glad for that confidence.

A few facts about South Carolina:
  • The capital city is Columbia.
  • SC entered the Union on May 23, 1788 and became the 8th state.
  • SC is the nation's leading peach producer and shipper east of the Mississippi River.
  • SC is known as the Palmetto State.
  • The area of SC is 31,055 square miles.  It is the 40th largest state in the US.
  • There are 47 state parks in SC.
I'll try to share more fun facts as I learn them.

No comments: