Monday, January 30, 2012

Notes

Last night I received a forwarded e-mail from one of the sister workers in the Dominican Republic.  She had gone through Krista's notebook that had been recovered from the bus and typed up some of the thoughts that Krista had written down from the conventions in Canada, the US and the DR that she had attended this fall.  There were a good many thoughts shared, and as I re-read them this morning, I decided to share just a few that especially struck a chord with me.  The first one on the list below was the first thought that Krista had written on the first page of her notebook.  Quite a thing!



The work will go on without us. We want to labor as if we are indispensable and remember that we're not.

Luke 9 - Who was going to be the greatest? Jesus took a little child and changed the picture. Some might have felt discouraged, they could never be the greatest. But yes, (Isaiah 11:6) they could be like a little child.

God unconditionally loves us but He won't unconditionally accept us.

We want words that have heart. He can hear hearts that don't have words but can't hear words that don't have heart.

Jesus lived in the spirit of his baptism. He said no when he was tempted.

What Elisha was to his companion is what gave others confidence in him. He poured water on the hands of Elijah, filling a place of loyalty and humility.

Am I showing the cost of dying or the joy of living?

If He sees us taking one step towards him He comes a mile.

Whatever the Lord asks of me is going to be good for the kingdom. What God wants for his kingdom is going to be good for me.

The mirror is a good friend. It shows us how we are but it doesn't criticize us.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing.

Talisha said...

Thank you. All of these deep and insightful notes we have had shared with us makes me feel as if I knew her too. I miss her... and wish I could have had a visit.