Wednesday, January 11, 2012

E-mail

I've spent yesterday and today working to empty out my inbox and "Need to Respond" folder of my e-mail.  I don't know exactly what it is about e-mail that makes me so bad at it.  Maybe it's my rebellion against instantaneous communication.  When someone writes you a letter, you know they're not expecting a return letter by the end of the day.  Most times when someone sends me an e-mail, they're not expecting a return e-mail by the end of the day either.  But it's possible to do so, and somehow that makes it more "stressful."  Maybe it's because when you send a return e-mail, you don't have anything to "show" for it like you do when you have to take your letters to the post office.  Whatever it is, I'm really bad about corresponding electronically.  Now, having said all this, I am not against e-mail.  I love hearing from you that way.  I'm always very happy to see unopened mail in my inbox for me to read and enjoy.  It's just that you shouldn't expect to hear back from me by the end of the day!  :-)

Okay, back to work.  15 down; 42 to go.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Haha thanks for the email :) I'll reply, someday :) And maybe even by the end of the day!! ;)