Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Special visitors

When I was in the Carolinas for a short time back in 2012, I met Laura and her son, Alejandro.  Laura hadn't been professing long, so Jennifer Grady and I planned to have gospel meetings within reach of her.  We rented a facility, printed up posters and hung them around town to announce the meetings.  Then I got sick, and we never had any of those meeting.  I saw Laura and Alejandro one more time when I went back to the Carolinas for Special Meeting rounds in January of 2014.  An important detail that I should mention at this point: Laura is from Ecuador.  A couple of months ago now, I got a call from Jennifer Grady.  "We're here at Laura and Alejandro's house on Special Meeting rounds, and Laura says that they're planning to go visit her family in Ecuador in March."  A good part of her family lives in the Ibarra area, which is my field!  So, this past Friday night, Laura, Alejandro, and Laura's sister, Sara, came to the Bible study we had in Sra. Patricia's home after our study at Academic English.  It was wonderful to see Laura and Alejandro again and to meet her sister as well. We caught up on how things are going in their corner of North Carolina and discussed plans to see each other again before they head back home.  If all goes well, they'll come back to Sra. Patricia's this Sunday morning for the meeting, and we'll be there too.  She says that several of her family members plan to come with her, so that will be a real bonus if they follow through!  Maybe I'll even take a picture this time.  :-)

No comments: