Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Marshmallow tea

My good friend, Jennifer G, sent me some packets of hot chocolate via Laura and Alejandro, so before our study began, Laura delivered the precious package, and my mouth began to water in anticipation!  The next morning at breakfast, I took a packet for myself and asked Ookyoung if she'd like some also.  "With marshmallows or without?"  She chose "with," so I tore off a packet of that variety for her.  At the breakfast table, we both dumped the contents of our packages into our mugs, and I poured water into both cups.  A minute later, Ookyoung remarked, "I've never drunk marshmallow tea before."  I kind of chuckled but didn't think too much about it.  Maybe that's what Koreans call it.  :-)  Then I glanced over at her mug.  The water was clear.  "There wasn't any chocolate in your package?" I asked her.  "No," came the answer.  I ran to the bedroom to get another packet.  There must have been a malfunction in the packaging process.  I grabbed another package and returned to the dining room.  Ookyoung opened it and dumped it in her mug.  Now there was chocolate but no marshmallows.  How strange!  The company really messed up with this batch!  Then I looked at the packages more carefully.  There it clearly says:

                                  THIS SIDE CONTAINS          THIS SIDE CONTAINS
                                    MARSHMALLOWS                 HOT COCOA MIX

1 comment:

Dave, Laura, Samuel & Adrian said...

Hahaha! Maybe they could have made that a little smaller print?!?! ;-)