Saturday, March 4, 2017

In Cumbal, where at least our hearts are warm

After the Wednesday evening Bible study in Cumbal on February 8, Ookyoung and I stayed with Eninson and Doris for supper and the night. Cumbal is probably the coldest part of our field, being quite close to a snow-capped volcano.  Heavy ponchos are the "uniform" in that part of the country, and though I did not have one on this visit, I have since acquired one that I will be taking with me next time we go to Cumbal.  Eninson and Doris have three children, two of whom have children of their own.  While we waited for supper, I played ball with Éric and Estefanía.  We stayed highly entertained with said activity until supper.  After E & E finished eating, they headed back out to the "garage" to continue playing.  After a while, they both came in and stood by my chair at the table.  Finally, Éric could contain himself no longer.  "Have you finished yet?" he asked, as all the adults erupted with laughter.  I guess I'm just a big kid!  





No comments: