Thursday, January 19, 2017

TODAY'S THE DAY!!!!!!!

December 16 had been a date fixed in my mind for a number of weeks now.  Why, you may wonder? It's the day a big plane would bring my little sister to visit me, of course!  

I hadn't put much on the agenda for that day, thinking it might be nice to have a chance to get myself ready to head to the coast for a week with Karmen.  However...the previous week when we had visited Sra. María in Mata de Cacao (a couple of hours from Guayaquil), we had told her that it would likely be into the new year before we would be able to visit her again.  "I can't wait that long!" she protested.  "Well, perhaps we could come next Friday."  And we did.  That meant spending all morning and part of the afternoon on the bus, but it was well worth it.  A lively study definitely thrills our hearts!  

Karmen's flight was scheduled to arrive at 10:42 pm, but there was a delay out of Miami, so we didn't head for the airport until a little after 11:00.  When Moisés, Luísa and I arrived at the airport, there were hordes of people who apparently all had the same idea that we had.  "Wouldn't it be fun to go to the international terminal and see if someone we know shows up???"  I looked at the monitor announcing arrivals and nearly choked.  It said that Karmen's flight had landed at 10:20.  So, does that mean she's already come through and is somewhere in this massive throng of excited people?  We split up.  Moisés and Luísa headed in opposite directions around the periphery of the crowd, and I joined the multitude as close to the front as I could get to watch everyone coming out of customs.  We waited and waited and waited.  And finally, THERE SHE WAS!!!  It might have actually been the 17th by that point, but she had made it!  Let the memory-making begin!!!


As soon as I got all lined up to take the perfect picture, some large male in a bright yellow shirt stepped in front of me.  At least he didn't cover up her smile.  :-) 


No comments: