Thursday, January 26, 2017

Happy New Year!!!

Don Moisés and Sra. María had offered me Jorge's room for Saturday night, as he was going to be elsewhere that night, and being located in the center of the house, it would supposedly be quieter.  I accepted, and headed to bed around 10:30 on Dec. 31.  I read for a while and turned out the light finally sometime around 11:30, expecting that I wouldn't go to sleep for a while but wanting to do all I could to encourage such.  As the clock rolled over to midnight, such a ruckus as I don't ever remember hearing began, causing my bed to shake and my heart to pound.  After a few minutes like that, I decided to go out and see what was going on.  So, in my pajamas and bare feet, I made my way outside.  I'll just post a picture and a couple of videos to give you a sampling of the sight that met my (contactless) eyes as I left the house.

That's an año viejo burning.  I didn't get there in time to see the beginning of it.  



And then after I finally went back to bed, this is what I heard from my "quiet" room in the center of the house.
It finally quieted down around 3:00 am.  Thank goodness for a couple hours of sleep with which to begin the new year!  

🎊🎉 Happy 2017! 🎉🎊

No comments: