Monday, July 13, 2015

Six months

Six months ago today I arrived in Ecuador.  Since then time has flown by.  Half a year and I just barely blinked!  So much has happened in so little time.  And yet it feels like a lifetime ago that I was getting ready to come - obtaining my visa, shopping, packing, making lists, saying good-bye.  In the last six months, life has changed in so many ways.  I'm adjusting to a different culture - different food, a different language, different traditions and customs, a different mindset.  I'm getting used to living without certain things.  I'm getting acquainted with new friends and a new staff of workers.  I'm finding my way around new places.  I'm learning and making mistakes and learning some more.  And even as I adjust, I feel at home.  Because this is my home now.  Yes, I love Ecuador.  And I'm looking forward to the next six months.  

No comments: