Monday, March 30, 2015

Volcano sightings

Such sightings are a much more common occurrence here than they are in Illinois.  However, it's not very often that I have a chance to take a picture of the volcanoes that we pass by as we travel from here to there.  A week ago today, we happened to see two different volcanoes, and I tried to capture them for you.  You'll have to use your imagination since neither volcano actually showed up in the picture, but here's what I got.  I'll try to do better next time.

Volcán Chiles
Ipiales, Colombia
See it there at the end of the street?

Volcán Cayambe
Ibarra, Ecuador
See the two red garage doors in the back?  See the billboard above them?  Just to the right of that is Cayambe.  It's snow-capped, so it blends in nicely with the clouds.  I promise it's there.

No comments: