Tuesday, December 5, 2017

The "new" bach in Portoviejo

After the Ipiales meetings were concluded on Sunday, November 5, we workers traveled to Quito on Monday and then on to Manabí province on Tuesday.  I was happy that it was planned for me to spend Tuesday night in the bach in Portoviejo.  I had heard that our "construction worker brother worker" had done "a bit of remodeling," so I was anxious to see the finished product.  When I opened the door to the bach, I wondered if I was in the right place!  What used to be a cramped all-in-one room had been converted into a two-bedroom living area with a separate bathroom and kitchen!  Now, lest you get any wrong ideas, Goliath probably still wouldn't fit in there, but it's a definite improvement over the way it used to be!  Maybe I'll get another year in Manabí one of these days.  ;-)

This used to be the entire bach.  Our beds were end to end so that we could conveniently kick each other in the night.  


Now there is a second tiny room as you enter the bach with just enough space for a bed on the right.  The kitchen area and bathroom are on the left as you enter.



The kitchen and door to the bathroom

The entrance to the bach is directly to my left.  The little bedroom is behind me.  The "former bach" is to my right.


Just enough space to turn around



No comments: