Wednesday, December 6, 2017

A happy birthday

December 2 in Ambato dawned chilly and rainy.  Luz and I breakfasted with our hostess, Sra. Blanca, before heading into town.  On our way to our next home, we stopped at a café for a celebratory slice of cheesecake with hot tea for me and cappuccino for Luz. 

She even got me a candle and sang to me!

Mr. Samuel is the center of attention in this home! 
 He's 3+ months old and has enormous blue eyes.



After lunch, we made our way to the Hotel Dubai, the location of our convention meetings in Ambato.  There were two meetings on Saturday, and I spoke in the second.

My friend, Rebekah M, had this for me when I arrived.


After the meetings were over, April Pierce and I returned to the home of Marcelo and Sofía.  I don't know who snitched, but there was a cake served after supper.  It was quite tasty.


April, Kamela and Samuel, don Sergio, Eduardo & Bethania Pizarro (Marcelo's parents)

Since there was no cake candle, we made do with the rather large decorative one.

And I got to put Baby Samuel to sleep - a nice conclusion to the day.

Oh, wait.  The actual conclusion was getting ready for Sunday's meetings!  Two of them.  I translated in the first one and spoke in the second one.  That made for a bit of homework.  But, as always, it was quite worth it.

No comments: