Monday, February 1, 2016

Rainbows on the runway

So, before I let you see these pictures, I should mention a very important event that comes earlier in the chronology of posted happenings.  On Thursday, November 19, Richard H, Robbin P and I left the convention grounds at La Merced around 10:30 at night to pick up Jeff Thayer from the Mariscal airport in Quito.  Despite less than ideal roads, a number of wrong turns, and a rather lengthy detour, we managed to arrive at the airport before Jeff cleared customs.  Approximately one minute before!  I, who would claim to being a rather calm and relaxed person, would also have to admit to suffering a bit of anxiety on the way to the airport as I kept an eye on my watch.  However, it ended well and was the beginning of a wonderful few days with Jeff.  


This brilliant double rainbow appeared to end right on the runway when Jeff and I flew from Quito to Manta on Sunday, Nov. 22.




No comments: