Monday, February 1, 2016

A very BIG day

Some things just CANNOT wait!!!
Though it was after 1:00 in the morning when we arrived back at the McLean's, I HAD to have one (or two) of the cookies that Grandma had brought for me.  They were DELICIOUS!!!!

Grandma found her spot in the sun.  Anytime we couldn't find her, this was the first place to look.  :-) 

And it's happy birthday to me all over again as I go through all the goodies that came down with my guests!

DILL PICKLES!!!!!!


Yummy!

Using my new dictionary bookmark to look up an unfamiliar word in the book written by my great-uncle Elmer

Good reading!

Admiring scenes from the US in this beautiful calendar

Marking bags of granola with my name  :-) 

Mail call



I love letters from kids!


Look!  Just what I've been needing!

Little notebooks that will fit perfectly in my Bible bag

Birthday cards and such

This one's for you, Karmy P!  ;-)

My favorite seafood

COOKIES FROM GRANDMA!!!

My treat bag has gotten rather full!

And fuller still!

Did you mean to send these, Dad?  


GRANOLA FROM MY OTHER GRANDMA!!!

We must do a taste test immediately!!!

Grandma likes her new tea towel.

Lunch at the mall food court before we head off for some touristing
Fries with pizza???


Waiting for the bus

The happy tourists sitting in front of me

A few city shots as we drive by:


There it is - the center of the world!














Can you balance the egg on the head of the nail?
Concentrate!

Keep trying!

Steady. You can do it.

Grandma tries on the other side.

One-handed attempt!

She did it!!!

Walking the line:




Strength testing on and off the line:



Cacao pods

Heading home

Supper at don David's with a few other guests provides the perfect ending to a wonderful day.



2 comments:

TX Folks said...

I simply cannot believe ur gma came all the way down there!!! AMAZING!!!! I'm so proud of her! and happy for YOU!
dlk

Karmen said...

This one made my heart so happy. Those smiles on your face!!! Love it, Kammy :)