Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Dennis

This morning I got an e-mail with the news that Dennis Falb had passed away.  It's not a well-known name in many circles, but it's one I've known since I was a child.  Dennis labored in Illinois in the 1980's and possibly into the 1990's; I don't know exact dates.  He always loved to tell me about when he came to our house when I was a little girl.  He tried to make friends with me, and I would have none of it.  Finally he said, "That's okay.  I don't want you to sit on my lap anyway."  He would grin and get a twinkle in his eye as he recounted the next part.  "Before I knew it, there you were crawling up into my lap!"  And I considered him a friend ever since.  We'll miss him, but we wouldn't wish any less for him than what he's entered into now.

6 comments:

Anita said...

I also got that news this morning and loved the part that was shared about another soldier hanging up his shield in victory. I only knew Dennis as an old man but loved to hear Margaret C tell about when they first met the Falb family. He was a gentle person.

Kamela said...

Yes, that was very nice. It's inspiring to see faithful finishes and to know that no faithful finisher will ever be disappointed with the prize.

Unknown said...

Dennis was in my area when my sister and I were in our teens. I remember when Margaret C. died, Dennis mentioned it in the meeting that night... memories of those early years were obviously treasured ones for him.

Then in Ohio I was with him about two years. Hard to see him getting weaker, who had been a strong man for so long... and then to see the acceptance come... it was a special thing to witness.

Kamela said...

Very nice. The last several years, I had often thought that if I could take a trip to see any one person from my past, I would go see Dennis. It didn't happen, but I'm glad for special memories.

tx folks said...

Aw, hadn't heard this. Dennis was a grand ole man. He used to come help us at conv when we had tents. Always a patient man...something I actually covet for myself!

Kamela said...

Yes, patience is a much-coveted quality of mine.