Monday, February 27, 2012

Special phone calls

My friend, Valerie G, has been visiting some of my favorite little friends in the Decatur, IL area this week.  Last night, she called me from the Hoots' home, and I got to talk to my buddies, Sam and Adrian.  It was so good to hear their voices.  I can tell they're growing up a lot.  Tonight, she was at the Klepzig home, and so I got to chat with my good friend, Gwendolyn.  The last I saw her, she said a few words.  Now she has a whole vocabulary!  It's amazing how much it means to hear little voices say, "I love you" and "I miss you."  Before long, they're all grown up and have very few memories of this time in their life.  I, however, will not forget these little people and my time with them in the near future.  Life is about growing up and going on, but I'm glad we can keep memories with us as we go.

No comments: